Sunday, January 08, 2006

Thoughts

Today is January 8, the day when I put down my first thoughts. This is my intro to my space, blog is too technical a word. It is bitterly cold here in Ludhiana which is recording some of its all time low temperatures and amidst this cold some old memories engulf me. Some warn some chilling, memories none the less. It is nearly two years now that I am living separate along with my five year old son Siddharth and in these two years I have wittnessed a transformation in me from a housewife to a mother. Yes we all do not become parents simply when children are born to us. This state of parenthood is a progression and is as per me highest state of love, selfless if we can make it to be.
My progression came from the fact that I have an autistic son. Doctors categorise him as a border line case, but Siddharth is autistic. For me he is my Guru. Aren't Gurus supposed to show you the way to live a fruitful life. Then Siddharth has just done the same. He has taught me the simple sensitivities of life which I had forgotten, totally erased from my system. Siddharth has introduced me with myself after so many years. And here comes another dear friend Jaypee who has shown me Siddharth.
Autism can be taken as a development disorder but look at this way why look at this way Autism is this way. It is a way of life these children prefer to lead their life by and they force us to follow their lifestyles and not vice cersa. Believe me sooner or later we all fall in line.

No comments: