Monday, February 20, 2006

My Son Siddharth


When I created this blog even I didn't know why I was doing it. And today I got my answer. This is my space for Siddharth, my son who is an Autistic. I don't plan to get into the details of the clinical prognosis for Siddharth. We both plan to move forward.

Siddharth, will this April, begin to go to a big normal school Drishti. For over an year now Siddharth has been studying in a school for Autistic children called Darpan. Sid has been doing quiet well. But then each time stagnation comes into the development process of this child I panic. Sid who had been thrown out of the last school for his teachers were convinced that he will never be able to write, can now write upto 100, draw a few figures , write his English alphabets big and small and even a few words which have at the most three alphabets.

Siddharth loves to sing and his passion for music is immense. But then this limited to hearing and then singing alone. Sid, as I call him at times, has till time not shown any inclination for any particular musical instrument.
My search now is to introduce Sid to the world where people don't understand him or his state. I take him out to all places I go. But then these are as obvious the known places where no one objects to how Sid behaves. He is not a violent child but he restless, very active and cannot sit in one place for long. He cannot sit through a movie or sit straight in an restaurant. But then he has this immense capacity to connect with people on one to one level. Sid hates crowds and can manage to stand alone in a crowd . This is my first intro to my son and as I discover more of him each day, I will record it.

No comments: